Cindy Kuykendall – DRE, Director of Religious Education
Registration for 2013-2014 Classes
forms are available in the parish office or in the Faith
Formation office for religious education and sacramental
for religious education are offered for ages PreK
through 8th grade.
- PreK-Kindergarten classes are scheduled for Sunday mornings at 9:00am, beginning Sunday, September 22, 2013
- 1st - 8th grade classes are scheduled on Tuesday nights from 6:30pm - 7:45pm, beginning Tuesday, September 3, 2013.
- Sacramental prep
classes for First Communion are scheduled two
Monday nights a month at 6:30 PM, beginning
September 16, 2013.
- Classes for Confirmation are scheduled one Monday night a month from 6:30pm - 7:45pm, beginning September 30, 2013. If you have any questions concerning any of these classes, please contact Cindy at 743-6877.
St. Maximilian Kolbe Catholic Church Faith Formation Program Participation Guidelines:
- All families and children participating in the Faith Formation Program must be registered and active parishioners of St. Maximilian Kolbe.
- A copy of the child's Baptismal certificate must be included with the registration form.
- A registration fee of $40.00 per student applies to anyone registering for Faith Formation classes.
The registration fee covers the cost of books and materials associated with the program.
Financial assistance is available to any family who is unable to pay the registration fee.
- The spiritual education of your child is important to us and every child who wants a Catholic sacramentals education deserves one.
Reconciliation, Confirmation and First Communion Preparation for Parents and Children
Monday 6:30 - 7:45 p.m. -- All classrooms
The candidates preparing for Confirmation and First Communion and Reconciliation will be using Call to Celebrate Reconciliation and Eucharist, published by Harcourt. Each session will begin in the Chapel with an Opening Prayer Service for parents and candidates.
All candidates are expected to participate regularly in the Sunday Eucharist and in ongoing formal faith formation. All candidates and their parents or guardians are also expected to attend and participate in the following sacramental preparations sessions:
Early Childhood: Sunday, 9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
For Children 3 and 4 years old by Sept. 2013 along with those children attending Kindergarten.
Tuesdays 6:30 - 7:45 pm
Grades 1st - 8th
We will be using Call to Faith at grade appropriate levels. Children will bring home materials each week. Please take time to review them with your child. At this age children will learn about Prayer and worship, Church Doctrines, and other aspects of our Catholic faith. The children will also receive further instruction about the sacraments they will receive.
Baptism Preparation: Every
first Thursday of the month at 7:00 PM, for classes in
English we will meet in room 107; for classes in Spanish
we will meet in the Mother Cabrini room.
Bible Study: Every Friday morning at 9:00 a.m. beginning September 12.
RCIA: For those
adults who wish to join the Catholic Church or to complete
their initiation (Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist)
preparation begins on September 5th,
Thursday evenings Room 105
If you are planning to home school your child(ren), please contact Cindy at the Parish Office, 941-743-6877.